This post is all about the ultimate quarterly reset routine to achieve your goals.
If you are struggling to achieve your goals, track your progress, keep yourself motivated, or are just looking for a new goal-setting routine, I have just the perfect solution for you!
And it´s all about this ultimate quarterly reset routine, a.k.a. the secret to successfully follow through with each one of your goals.
In this article we will cover exactly what is a reset routine, the quarterly reset routine to get you back in the game, and 4 essential tips to achieve your goals.
Want the ultimate cheat sheet to crush your quarterly goals?!
What is a quarterly review?
A quarterly reset routine is a short planning process where you review your progress in the last 3 months in all areas of your life. During this quarterly review, you will evaluate things like your goal progress or action plan.
This review is normally done each 3 months, thus its name and it has many incredible benefits:
- Allow you to realistically change your short- and long-term goals as your life changes
- Gives you time to reflect on your year, something crucial for personal growth
- Construct an individual attack plan for each goal you may have
- Easily help you track your goal progress throughout the year
- Consistently inspire and motivate you to follow through with each of your goals
This very simple reset routine is made up of two parts.
The first one is all about reviewing the last 3 months. And yes that includes the painful act of going back to the list of goals you wrote at the beginning of the year with all the motivation in the world.
But don’t worry if you have achieved little (or none) of those goals, because we still have a good chunk of the year to achieve them. And that is exactly what we will do during the second part of this reset routine.
This next part is all about planning for the next three months, including the goals you want to achieve, how you plan to do it, and even a manifestation exercise.
Now that you know how this quarterly reset routine works, let’s go straight to the juicy details…
Q1 Reset Routine Part 1. Reflect and Reassess.
As we said the first part of this reset routine is to review and reassess your progress and how effective is your plan of action.
And the best way to do this is to have an honest conversation with yourself with the help of some journal prompts.
Ask yourself the following questions, taking into account all your life areas (personal development, relationships, career, finances, recreation, spirituality, and health). And remember not to base your achievements only on results.
There are times when things don’t go as planned, when goals and circumstances change, and when things are not possible only by willpower. Make sure to have these things into account when answering the following questions:
- Take a look at the goals you set at the beginning of the year/quarter and review your progress
- What went well last quarter?
- What didn’t go that well in the past few weeks?
- If you could go back and redo this quarter, what would you do better?
- What commitments do you have? Are there any you need to get rid of?
- What are my goals for the upcoming quarter?
- Where do I want to be by the end of the quarter?
Quarterly Review Part 2. Planning and Setting objectives
Once you have reviewed and assessed your progress over the last trimester it’s time to look into the future and make plans. Here are a couple of questions to help you achieve just that.
Just like in the first part of this reset routine, apply each question to all areas of your life to end with a list of goals to improve them. But don’t go crazy with the number of goals. Trying to cover so much is not the plan of action either. Remember to prioritize your goals while trying to improve your life areas.
- What things do you want to spend more time on this next trimester?
- What things do you need to start doing more of?
- What things do you need to stop doing?
- Are you happy with your actual routine or is there something that you would like to change?
- Create a list of habits to build in your life that will help you achieve your goals.
- Now that you know in detail what you want to achieve let’s do a little manifestation exercise. Close your eyes and visualize how the next quarter is going to play out.
Get in detail and imagine yourself putting in the hard work and seeing the results of that effort. Picture yourself achieving great things, being happy, and acting like the best version of yourself.
Tips to help you achieve your goals
Having a solid quarterly review is not the only thing you can do to set you up for success. Here are a couple of extra things you can do to help you succeed:
Create a specific action plan for each of your goals. The reason why most people fail to achieve their goals in the first place is that they don’t have an action plan.
Yes setting goals and having a direction to work towards to is great. But how do you actually plan on getting there?
Whenever we have to go to a place we´ve never been before, we check Google Maps looking exactly where we have to go and the best way to get there (at least that’s what my type A brain does).
But when it comes to our goals we close our eyes and pray to get there some way or another.
Well not anymore dear, this time we are doing things right by creating an achievable action plan which you can learn how to create right here!
Start small. The best thing you can do to set yourself up for success is to start small. I know you are excited to start implementing all those things you want to change.
But drastically changing your routine and habits is not the way to do it. Most of all because it’s not sustainable in the long term.
Whenever working towards a goal, or a change you want to make in your life start small. You can do this by creating a routine to support your goals, which I have a whole article on right here.
Another thing I highly recommend you do to is to divide your goals into small, manageable tasks. When we look at the goal as a whole, it´s very easy to think of how impossible it will be to achieve because of how big it looks.
But by dividing big goals into manageable ones you are changing your perception and making yourself believe that your goals are actually easy to achieve.
Develop your self discipline. Here goes a hard truth you need to listen to: motivation will only get you so far and it’s the worst thing you could rely on.
Yes, it’s a great thing that sparks your creativity and helps you get started. But motivation will run out eventually, which will end in you inconsistently working towards your goals until you finally give up.
But that is where discipline comes in. Because when we constantly do the things we do not want to do, that is when we achieve our goals.
When working towards an objective, you´ll face difficulties, setbacks, insecurities, and a million more reasons that are going to push you to quit. Which is why developing your self discipline is so important.
Create a vision board. Another important thing to have in mind once you finish your quarterly review is to have it in a visible place. Especially your new goals and how you plan to achieve them.
You could do this by having this action plan in or near your working space. Or even creating a vision board for each trimester.
You can learn how to successfully create your own right here!
And there you have this ultimate reset routine. You can choose to review and plan your trimester in a notebook, laptop or with the Quarterly Review Planner!
This planner is designed to help you crush your goals and stay connected to your priorities and keep yourself motivated, but in a way that is fun and creative.
It create a more intimate and organized way of tracking your progress than a typical notebook or calendar system. The clear and minimalistic design will make sure you’re motivated throughout the quarter as you look back on your accomplishments.
With this planner you will…
- Learn how to confidently set goals you are actually going to achieve.
- Consistently motivate yourself to follow through with each of your goals.
- Learn how to create an achievable action plan to achieve your goals with the Goal Planner Template.
- Review and reflect on your year so that you can crush your next one.
- Prioritize your most relevant goals and tasks, rather than trying to juggle many. This way you are able to maintain momentum toward your end goal, making sure you succeed.
- Create a clear vision for your life for the next 90 days.
- Consistently build healthy habits throughout the quarter.
Final thoughts on the quarterly reset routine
One of the most important things you can do if you are serious about achieving your goals is to stop from time to time to review, reassess, and change your action plan.
And the perfect way to do this is by having a quarterly review!
Thank you so much for investing your time in this article! I hope the tips and resources in it will bring you one step close to achieving anything you set your mind to.
Remember to stay strong and that you are worthy of even your deepest and wildest desires!
Now I´d love to hear from you! What are your goals for the next quarter?
Articles mentioned in this blog post: