Are you looking for the best mental health questions to ask yourself?
Then it´s your lucky day because that is what this article is all about. And, in the end, you will find a couple of juicy tips I recommend checking out if you want to maximize the power of this practice!
Remember that you don’t have to answer all of the questions listed here. Choose the ones that resonate the most with you
So get ready to take a journey of self reflection and let´s begin!
And if you need to save this for later, now is the moment!
19 daily mental health questions to ask yourself
- Have I taken a break today?
- What positive things can I focus on now?
- How can I be kinder to myself?
- What’s taking up my headspace, and is it affecting my mental peace?
- What can I do to bring myself joy today?
- How can you remind yourself that you are enough?
- What is something that you would like to remind yourself of today?
- What is your biggest priority of the day?
- What are two ways that I can take care of my mental health today?
- What am I in control of at this moment?
- Today, what are the top three things you are most grateful for?
- How can you stay true to yourself today?
- Tomorrow, how can you adjust your behavior and perspective to be more aligned with the person you want to be?
- List 5 things that made you smile today.
- List 3 things you are currently stressed about. Do you have the ability to change these? If so, what are some things you can do to relieve that stress?
- Am I feeling better or less good in comparison to yesterday?
- What has caused me to feel this way?
- What activities can lift my mood?
- What is a part of yourself you are unhappy with? How can you work on improving this?
How to get the most out of daily journal prompts for mental health
Before you leave I wanted to share with you a couple of tips to help you get the most out of daily journal prompts.
Although they might seem simple they can all make a difference and will help you maximize the power of this practice.
Here are the best practices for daily journal prompts:
Make it a part of your routine
You know the deal, if you don’t make part of the routine, it probably won’t happen.
Now choosing when to do it depends on your goals and what you want to achieve with this practice.
Are you focused on closing the day in a reflective and mindful mood? Or do you want to start your day with a boost of motivation and confidence?
Answering these questions will also help you determine what journal prompts to include in your practice.
Remember that you don’t need to answer all of these questions every day. But to actually see results and keep track of your improvement you need to make the commitment to be consistent.
To start pick 3 or 4 mental health questions that you will answer every day.
You can change up the rest depending on your mood of focus for the day. But choose 3 or 4 non-negotiables to stay consistent and compare your answers throughout the weeks.
Use pen and paper
Whenever you can try to do this practice with pen and paper. Research shows that when you write down by hand your brain is more deeply engaged with the information you are writing.
And remember it’s okay if you miss a day or two. You don’t have to be perfect!
You can answer them in your mind or skip some questions. The important thing to remember is that you keep finding ways to take care of your physical and mental health.
I would love to hear from you! What did you think of these mental health questions to ask yourself?
Leave me a comment and tell me about it! And if you liked these journal prompts make sure to pin them for later and share them!
Looking for ways to improve your mental health? Check out these 7 uplifting habits to improve your mental health and be! happier